My Vote Counts is in search of a vibrant Communications intern to start on 1 September 2018 for a period of 6 months in our Cape Town office. This is a part-time position with a basic salary.
- Develop content plan with Communications Officer
- Write campaign related articles
- Develop content for social media
- Attend meetings and events as delegated by Communications Officer or National Co-ordinator
- Background in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing a must
- Comfortable reporting from Parliament, courts etc
- Social media experience
- WordPress skills preferable
- Knowledge of political and or electoral systems advantageous
- Must be able to work individually and in a team
- An out-the-box thinker and always willing to learn
- Willing to work longer hours when required
Deadline for applications is 30 July 2018. Suitable candidates must submit the following:
- A CV (maximum 2 pages in PDF format);
- A cover letter AND
- Contact details of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a short written assignment. Interviews will take place between 22 – 24 August 2018.
My Vote Counts NPC is a non-profit company founded to improve the accountability, transparency and inclusiveness of elections and politics in the Republic of South Africa. We work to ensure that the political and electoral systems are open, fair and accountable to the public and that they remain relevant in the changing South African socio-political context.