VACANCY AT MY VOTE COUNTS!
JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, 14 MARCH 2018
My Vote Counts (MVC) is a non-profit that aims to improve the accountability, transparency and inclusiveness in South Africa’s political and electoral systems. We achieve our aims through research, advocacy, campaigning, popular education and strategic litigation.
MVC seeks to appoint a Communications Officer on a 12-month fixed term contract (renewable depending on funding) at its Cape Town office.
- Develop and implement MVC’s communications strategy;
- Develop and implement a social media content calendar;
- Coordinate the design and distribution processes of MVC’s work;
- Compile, design and facilitate the distribution of a MVC Newsletter;
- Ensure that all MVC communications and publications reflect MVC’s identity;
- Manage MVC’s website and social media content and updates;
- Coordinate the design, layout, proofing and printing processes of MVC’s publications in consultation with MVC’s researchers;
- Manage the distribution of all MVC’s publications and communications material;
- Manage MVC’s stakeholder databases;
- Coordinate all correspondence and interactions between MVC staff and the media.
- Must be a South African citizen or permanent resident with appropriate qualifications in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or Public Relations;
- Must display an interest in South African politics;
- Must be able to produce written material that is coherent and engaging;
- An ability to put across complex issues in simple, understandable formats;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key issues in the area of politics, public policy, social justice, electoral processes and systems, democratic institutions and processes will be an advantage;
- An understanding of the South African civil society social justice environment will be beneficial, but not required;
- An ability to work independently and within a team;
- Basic IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc) is a required, but other IT skills, including an ability to work on WordPress, is an added advantage;
- Photography skills would be an advantage;
- Work experience of 1-2 years is preferred.
Suitable candidates must submit:
- A CV (maximum three pages);
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page); AND
- Current contact details of at least three referees to email@example.com.
Please make the subject line of your email: “Communications Officer – MVC 2018”.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to write a short written assignment.
Interviews to take place on 21 and 22 March 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.