Are you an advocate for democracy, accountability, and transparency? Do you have an interest in using digital media to promote and enhance social justice?
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a role in a young and dynamic organisation that will make South African politics fairer and will deepen our democracy – then this opportunity is for you!
My Vote Counts (MVC) is seeking a Digital Media Officer to take our online presence to a new level. MVC is an NGO based in Cape Town that works towards a South Africa where every adult has equal access to, equal control of and equal participation in our democratic process.
Website and social media content development and management
- Develop monthly/weekly social media content plans
- Produce regular website and social media content
- Generate infographics and other multi-media for social media
- Identify useful publications or resources that will enhance MVC’s social media content
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow our following on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Explore new methods and platforms for profiling our work
- Support in the development of regular podcasts
- Moderate discussions and activity on all online platforms
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media
- Manage online advertising on Facebook and Twitter
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Review new technologies and keep the organisation at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
- Monitor and measure the success of social media engagement
- Provide monthly reports on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Identify and report on social media trends
- Analyse, review and report on the effectiveness of the site and new initiatives
- Diploma/degree in digital media marketing studies or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in digital media and marketing
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice
- An understanding of and interest in South African politics
- Digital design skills and aptitude
- Understanding social media analytics and social media trends
- Skills or aptitude for audio-visual content creation
Contract Period: Starting 1 March 2022 for a 12-month contract period which is renewable
How to apply?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Digital Media Officer”:
- Your curriculum vitae (max: 2 pages),
- A letter of motivation, and
- The names of three references.
Deadline for applications: 30 January 2022